A-line: fitted at the bodice and flows out to the ground,
with an unbroken line (resembling the outline of an uppercase A).
Ballgown: fitted at the bodice and has a waistline
that leads to a full skirt
Mermaid: fits closely to the body from the chest to the knee,
then flares out to the
Sheath: fits very closely to the contours of the body.
Has a straight skirt with no waist
Trumpet: fits closely to the body until the midhip
and then widens gradually to the hem.
(resembling the mouth of a trumpet).
Often confused with mermaid, but trumpet flairs from mid-hip,
whereas mermaid flairs below the knee
- Dress for a plus-size bride.
- Dress for a tall bride.
- Silhouette for an apple shape body.
- Silhouette for a petite bride.
- Silhouette for a bride with a smaller bust.
- Silhouette for an athletic body-type.
Don’t forget your waistline, sleeve style and dress length.
See next page for more tips!